Benefits For Physicians
As a physician, you are probably wondering how Peoplechart is different from a provider-owned electronic medical
records system (EMR) — and why your patients have invited you to access their Peoplechart account.
Peoplechart works with full consent from the patient to collect and organize copies of medical records created by their various health providers.
The objective is to provide an accurate and complete information base from which to coordinate care, diagnosis, and treatment for the patient.
The end result is that both physicians and patients have more time and the quality of information with which to make decisions about care. Below are key
benefits of our patient-initiated model for managing medical information.
Electronic and Standardized
- Save administrative time and cost of having to deal with paper and paper files
- Migrate from paper to electronic EMR system with ease and without losing patient
- Electronic results, such as labs, reviewed in near real-time
- Standardized capture or exchange with any system
- Capture and store electronic data regardless of system compatibility
- Access by Internet or phone when working in office, visiting hospitals or other
- Accessible while on vacation or during emergencies
- Historical views of patient's health and health care over time
- Lab results ordered by multiple physicians consolidated into one view
- Knowledge whether a physician has followed up on a patient referral
- Fewer inquiries or calls from chronic patients
- More satisfied patients
Peace of mind
- Know more about your patient's medical history
- Know when your lab results are accessible, to the extent there's standardized electronic exchange
- Know other health care professionals can have access to the same information
- To use, 24×7 access
- To share with family members
- To authorize access to other doctors and professionals