Peoplechart Health Record Tools and Services For Consumers
Tools and information organized around the patient at the center
Peoplechart makes it easy to collect, manage, and share vital medical information. Whether you are caring for an ill
family member or patient — where information can truly be life-saving — or simply want to have a way to pull your information
together from various health care providers and have it follow you wherever you go, whichever doctor you see — Peoplechart is
designed with you in mind.
Peoplechart does the legwork
At every step of the way, we work with your full knowledge and consent to gather, organize, and transfer your medical information.
Not everyone is computer ready or fully converted to industry-accepted standards for information sharing (exchange). With Peoplechart,
you find customer service an integral part of our solutions.
The Peoplechart products and services can help you…
- Retrieve copies of medical records from various providers
- Capture and send data in standardized electronic formats for efficiency
- Organize volumes of information so you can quickly find what’s relevant
- Provide physicians with four types of note-taking forms (eNotes)
- Securely communicate and track physician referrals (Messaging)
- Track referrals to/from specialists
- Take advantage of certified and illustrated A.D.A.M. Health Encyclopedia
- Upload or download files with 256-bit encryption (CD-Rom or flash drive)
A major part of Peoplechart’s service is focused on collecting individual records from all past and current medical
providers. The ability to collect information from multiple providers is key for a comprehensive and accurate
understanding of your health and health care history.
Collection is easy. Peoplechart does all the work through our 5-step process:
- Members request records collection service online by entering the provider name, city, and state.
- Peoplechart verifies the location of the medical record using the Dr. Sleuth research service.
- Peoplechart follows up with providers by phone and correspondence.
- Peoplechart checks the national and state laws on ‘reasonable’ fees that are sometimes charged by providers
for photocopying medical records and on maximum allowable time for record delivery.
- Peoplechart keeps you informed on collection steps, and awaits your approval for any payment of provider fees.
to learn more about how Peoplechart can also capture and read data
electronically, sourced from various health care providers.
Once the records are received, Peoplechart’s sophisticated medical record specialists work intensely on the tasks of
scanning, tagging, and categorizing. These tasks require knowledge of over 75 categories of medical records and expert
assessment of each page. When done, there is another process of quality-checking for accuracy. Once the indexed
pages become available, it is up to you and your physicians to inform Peoplechart of any needed re-classification or
cross-classification of records into other categories.
After collecting the information, Peoplechart organizes it through the following 3 steps:
- Tagging and categorizing each page of your medical records into a state-of-the-art electronic system
- Fully indexing each page of record along five categories, including: Record Provider, Author Date, Author Name,
Specialization and Record Type. There are over 98 record categories from which Peoplechart indexes each page of a member’s record.
- Extensively cross-indexing more than one category where content can be relevant. For example, prescriptive
information on Progress Note will most likely be cross-indexed with Medications.
Once the information is collected and organized, you have the choice and the tools to decide which portion of your medical
information to share (not share) and with whom…While Peoplechart metrics work to retain the integrity and credibility
of your information for your users and health care providers.
- Ability to grant access privileges for viewing, editing, and assigning information to others (in the case of provider
to provider exchange). Privileges range from comprehensive (Designated Agent, Provider, or Caregiver Level) to very
restrictive (Limited Level).
- Options to choose what information to share or keep private at any time (by selecting specific pages to 'keep private').
- Peoplechart automatically re-calculates the Completeness Factor and Source Factor every time you change the scope of
information to be displayed or kept private in a report or a section of a report.
- Ability to add comments to your provider-created pages of your medical record files while preserving the content of
each page as an unaltered image.
- Ability to select information and save in folders and assigned them to multiple users at the same time
Peoplechart offers a complete and illustrated resource, A.D.A.M. Health Encyclopedia, where you can find credible
information about specific conditions, diseases, medications, and more!
Peoplechart’s state-of-the-art Call Center gives you and any authorized user 24x7 access to your medical records by
phone. This life-saving service can put valuable medical information in your hands immediately, even when you’re not
able to access the online service.
Peoplechart’s Call Center will:
- Distribute Medical Records
This service enables the caller to specify certain sections or the entire report of medical records (from last 12 months)
to be faxed to anyone (if the caller is a member) or to a provider (if Provider or Caregiver Level).
- Enable Access to Medical Records in Emergency
This service is for times when the member cannot communicate. The scope/type of information to be shared has been
pre-selected by the member during registration. (There are four emergency access levels that specify the member’s
preference for the scope of information to be revealed to a health care professional when the member cannot authorize
For more detail about Peoplechart’s guaranteed security and privacy, click here.