The following organizations provide information for maintaining and managing your health:
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the ACS has state divisions and more than 3,400 local offices.
Serving our community and supporting cross-cultural awareness since 1991.
The American Diabetes Association is the nation\'s leading nonprofit health organization
providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. The mission of the organization is
to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency whose mission is to
reduce disability and death from cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
AARP's vision is to excel as a dynamic presence in every community, shaping and enriching
the experience of aging for each member and for society. To bring that vision to life, AARP
focuses its efforts and resources in four areas:
- Health and Wellness,
- Economic Security and Work,
- Long-term Care and Independent Living, and
- Personal Enrichment.
The UCSF Center for Excellence in Women's Health is advancing the field of women's health by:
- Providing comprehensive and state-of-the-art health care for women.
- Promoting an extensive women's health research agenda.
- Building partnerships and linkages with community groups and organizations.
- Educating tomorrow's health care provides about the principles of women's health through professional education programs.
- Paving the way for women to hold key leadership positions in our institution.